Tuesday, August 28, 2012

No Drama!

 I hate it when I meet a new person, and they are smart, funny, witty, a good conversationalist, and a HUGE asshole.
 
 I had to dump a friend this week. Well, to be honest, he wasn't much of a friend. M grew up with LOTS of money, and little in the way of manners. He would come to my house (A non-cig household), go outside to smoke, and every single time, even though there are several ashtrays, he would stub out his butt on my new patio furniture, or my brand new $100 garden cart, and then throw them on the ground. When he burned a hole through the bottom of the garden cart, his response when I called him on it was "Oh well, bummer."

 I had already started to ease away, not wanting to make a big deal about it. Enter the boyfriend. D at first seemed charming, witty, intelligent, and funny. I enjoyed his company, talking about things. So I put off removing M from my life, as I liked his bf. However, the more I was around them, the more I noticed D treating M like my ex treated me. The more I took notice, the more emotional abuse-like behavior I saw. And then the drama began.

 Luckily for me, the drama took place mostly on Facebook. Turns out D LOVES drama. He instigates it, for his own twisted amusement. And then he gets to pretend he had nothing to do with starting it, but he'll be GLAD to fix it. I got into a disagreement with one of his FB friends, which culminated with her pulling a "Your momma!" bullshit. I promptly blocked her. D made sure to post on his FB page a response where I could see, calling me childish. Really, D? I'm childish, because I refused to interact with someone I don't even know, and refuse to let them call me names? (And BTW, 'crazy bitch' is used by D on an hourly basis to refer to all his female friends.) So I shuffled M and D into a FB list that I don't allow to see my posts, but didn't delete them. D tried posting things about me on his page, but as I didn't see them, he got pissed off that he couldn't get a rise out of me, so he deleted me, and blocked my husband.

 So after this all came down, I decided that I did not need this kind of hateful bullshit drama in my life. I have managed to purge almost all the drama from my life, and am much happier and healthier for it. And I refuse to be dragged back into that. Now M is calling every couple of days, and yesterday I get a friends request from D. Uh, NO. I had not yet dumped M off my friends list, as soon as I got the friend request, I did so. I wanted to be rid of them w/o any huge blow up, but M does not seem to get the hint. If this continues, I may have to call block him. If he comes over, I will not be answering the door. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - suddenly my penchant for not talking to anyone ever or making friends doesn't seem quite so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I'm there with ya. I also had to learn the hard way to not get totally emotionally invested in people too quickly, I got burned and taken advantage of too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it continues. D sent me an angry email, I sent back a very politely worded reply, and I get back another angry email full of profanity. I send back yet another polite response, and informed him no further contact would necessary or even viewed. Sorry I'm so childish for not wanting to be friends with assholes. Oh wait, I'm not!

    ReplyDelete