Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm back, baby!

Well, I have been gone a loooong time, and it wasn't until my one follower. (Thanks R!) poked me in the butt about writing again.
 Things have changed quite a bit since the last time I posted. Both parents are now gone, I have left the music business to return to my first love and my passion, cooking. I opened a bakery/personal chef business again in 2011, and am now in my second year.

 The Homestead has undergone even more changes, and with the state of the country right now, I am looking at getting chickens or maybe ducks and quail again. With the government cornering the market on stupid lately when it comes to food and biofuel production, it seems the anarchists are being proved right more and more. That a scary thought! When the whole fluoride thing came out last year, I thought "Well, they got ONE right." Little did I know that with the Internet, more and more government coverups and conspiracies (If you don't think there are any, go stick your head back in the sand, and wait for them to come take you to Gitmo.) would be coming to light.

 One really troubling thing right now is the whole war on marijuana. I'm not going to claim that this one plant is the miracle cure-all as some have been, (No Tommy Chong, I am not going to believe hemp oil cured your cancer until I see actual medical reports, glad you are feeling better tho!) but it DOES help a host of medical problems. I have seen first hand how it helps stomach issues, eases arthritis, relieves some side effects from severe medical procedures, works as Xanex for those of us spun a bit too tight (Have you ever heard of/seen a stoner beat up a guy in a bar? No, of course you haven't.) and a host of other things. And because of the logging industry and Big Pharma lobbyists, this PLANT is kept illegal. The government claims it has no medical value, so is classed with street drugs like crack and heroin. And yet, within days of the raids beginning on the medical despensaries in California (Really Obama, you couldn't even keep your word on this one???), the U.S. government applied for a patent on "Sativex", a drug distilled from marijuana. But I thought it had NO medical applications? Uh huh. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......

 Alright, back to the kitchen for me, and I promise there will be many more caffine fueled thoughts and rants posted soon!

1 comment:

  1. I must rein in my impulses or else I will be raising chickens and trying to garden and a whole HOST of other things that I HAVE NO TIME FOR!

    Must... restrain... self...

    ReplyDelete