Thursday, September 4, 2008

Week Two almost over!

It's that time of year again, the start of school. Both the spouse and the son started school last week, and both seem to be doing fine. (I put my return to school off until the spring semester)It's going to be a long semester, with S taking classes in the evenings, Monday thru Thursday, we seldom see him except for a few minutes after he staggers in the door and checks his email before falling into bed.
I will be volunteering at my son's school this year, for the first time in three years. I was a substitute teacher during that time, and it totally sucked! The pay was crap, and what the subs have to put up with was unbelieveable. I'd much rather do it for free, that way if I don't like a kid, I don't have to deal with him/her.
Healthy lunches have been a bit more difficult to come up with, since we are limiting processed foods. This means more work for me in the kitchen, altho I don't mind, since I love to cook. S's lunches are usually whatever is leftover from supper the night before, but coming up with healthy selections for W's lunch box was a bit more challenging, since as an Aspie, he has major problems with texture and colors of any new foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment