Friday, September 19, 2008

Soy, the new Demon Food

OK, so I admit it, I really got into soy a few years ago. When food prices started heading north, I looked around for a cheap meat substitute, and found soy products. All the veggie websites were FULL of recipes using this stuff, so I gave a few a try. With much experimenting and tweaking, I found some of them to be rather good. Then the bad news hit....SOY IS BAD FOR YOU!
Oh my! And here I thought I'd been doing something good for my family. I was crushed. So I did alot of research, and turns out that most soy products are fairly new, and heavily processed, so they are just now finding out what the long term affects are. Damn. So, once the soy products I have in the fridge and pantry are gone, no more for us. Whaa. On the lighter side, I have been experimenting with more good old grown-in-the-ground veggies, and have been happily surprised that most of the soy recipes can be made with regular old veggies. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment