Monday, September 29, 2008

Almost Over!

The month of Frugal Living is almost over. Except for one expenditure for eating out (We had free coupons, which did not, however, cover W's chicken strips and fries, cost $3.99) we stuck to our guns and didn't buy anything except necessities, food and gas. LOTS of coupons got used, and I am once again trying the library. Being back on the school schedule should make it a bit easier to get the books back on time, since I have to pick up W from school several times a week.
While we would like to do this every other month, it'll have to wait until January, since the next month would be November, and I do my holiday shopping then. Yes, I COULD do it in October, or December, but there are several reasons I won't, the main one being that I use my earnings from surveys for the majority of it, and the closer I get to December, the more I will have saved up.
We won't be going hog-wild in three days. There are a couple of things I want to get, and after seeing how much we were blowing on Half-Price Books, eating out and other stuff, we realized that it's not that hard to trim down our expenses and put the money in savings. We would like to be mostly debt free in 10 years, and we are halfway through Year 1. So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment