Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Garden 2.0

Now that the temp has dropped (finally) into the not-100's, it's time to attempt the fall garden. This will actually be my first fall garden I planted on purpose, instead of just having things that survived the summer. I've missed being able to walk outside and pick fresh food for supper. Hopefully we'll at the very least have some greens, as the ones in the store just don't have the same taste as fresh from the garden ones. I did manage to nurse one tomato plant through the drought, altho it never bloomed. I'm hoping the cooler weather will revive it enough to get something out of it. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderfully serendipitous reading fail here. I was reading along and you were talking about gardens and plants and then my eyes saw the word "drought" and somehow shifted it into the word "doughnut" and for a brief and shining moment there, my brain brought it all together to tell me you were in possession of a donut plant.

    Then I looked again, and was a little sad, but I was pretty sure donuts didn't grow in gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, a donut plant! That WOULD be a cool thing! And very, very naughty!

    ReplyDelete