Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Water and green and sprouts, oh my!

With the much needed rain this last week, we're finally seeing some life in the gardens again! A few hardy naked lady lillies have sprung up, and in the veggie garden radishes, greens, purple pod beans, Brussels sprouts and cabbages are all making an appearance. We've missed greens this summer the most I think, since I pretty much refused to buy the sad, wilted and bug chewed offerings at the stores. The rain catchers are all full, which means about 3 weeks of water at this point. I'm hoping to have enough catchers next year to cover a month or more of garden water.
Recipe of the Week will be a little late this week, as someone forgot to take the camera out of his gaming bag, and I didn't have access to it until today. Check for recipe posting tomorrow, a quick preview: Sun Dried Tomato Pesto. There, that should hold you till I get it posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment