Monday, November 5, 2012

The start of another week, kinda

 Ah Monday! The bane of the working 8-to-5 stiff everywhere. Here we are again.

 Actually, Monday is my Sunday. I work Tuesday-Saturday, so I get to mostly enjoy Monday as a day off. Like most people, my 'day off' consists of catching up on those little things around the house like laundry. Since W has a job now, I have had to take up the slack around the place. With his cat being confined to his apartment, I have no cat pee I have to clean up on a regular basis. W, however, has a buttload. N. M. P. He's the one who promised Judi he would take care of Simon until he died, not me.

 This was a good week at the bakery. I made the most $$ in one week than I have since I opened the storefront, and totally sold out on Saturday. Most of my customers are bread buyers, so I will be dialing back the sweets and offering more bread. With the holidays coming up, business should pick up steadily for the next several months. And with holidays come pie! Because of a personal chef client a couple of years ago begging for pot pies, and PROMISING he would buy a dozen every month or so (Which he didn't.) I have an entire case of small pie pans. So small pies for the holidays! Two servings, perfect for one or two people. Next week will be the beginning of "Pie Season".

 The weekend was good, much better than the last one. No exes to have to deal with, things worked out between S and I about the last one. No, this was NOT the first ex of his I have had to deal with, but it will be the last, or I will be single again. This time the ball is in S's court, it is up to him to decide if he wants to remain in this relationship or not. While I tried really hard not to be one of 'those women' who are suspicious of the exes, it turns out I need to be. So I will be from now on, since these bitches have NO fucking clue that they should be keeping away from other women's husbands.

 The house continues to evolve, being a living entity. If you haven't been here in a while, chances are things will look a bit, or even radically different. Turning W's old bedroom into a den has been great, we can watch t.v. without a constant steam of peope and animals parading in front of us. I don't like that it faces the street, but with the air conditioner out for the winter, I can open the side window now, so all's good.

 My weight is continuing to drop, cutting portions and daily exercise is doing the job. Saturday is my eat anything day, but after a week of small portions, I am quickly finding that "all you can eat" is a LOT smaller amount these days. I used to be able to knock out half (or more!) of a large pizza, now 3 slices are all I can manage without feeling like I'm going to hurl. After my sister developed Type 2 diabeties, I went and got a new blood sugar monitor. A week of testing showed me VERY firmly in the low normal range for blood sugar, and I want to keep it that way. My sister has been doing so good that the doc thinks she might be able to come off the meds soon, we're so very proud that she is doing so well. Our family averages in the 80's for lifespan, we'd all like to get there.

 Onward and upward!
 

3 comments:

  1. My mom is getting geared up for making the holiday meat pies. She's Canadian French by ancestry and this is a big thing up there. I grew up with meat pie and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

    Combine that with "tiny" and I might swoon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that bakery is more or less established we can get back to working on other projects! Things are coming along quite nicely my love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, tell me more about these meat pies!

    ReplyDelete