Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Honest Scrap, or something like that


 So here I've dragged out of bed at my usual 5 a.m., and while catching up on my blog reading, I see that I've been tagged for an Honest Scrap award. Still trying to figure out just exactly what I'm supposed to do, and as it is O-Dark/Cold 30 atm, I'm not sure how well this is going to go, so hang on to your merkins and hit it!

 Here's my list of 7 peeps who I think deserve the HS award:

NoCelery

Green Roof Growers

Zaftigs

Do No Harm

Corpulent

Big Fat Deal 

The Purple Foodie

 So now I'm supposed to state 10 'honest things' about myself.....

 1. I'm lazy. I admit it.

 2. I am a great cook, but a sucky chef. (As defined by Julia Childs)

3. I'm a "50/50" bi. (Means I have no preference of the sex of my lovers)

4. I spent nearly every day from age 8 to 14 in a bar.

5. I identify more with my Pagan name, Dragon, than the one given to me by my family.

6. I love for people to bring me rocks they picked up off the ground from other parts of the world. (Thanks Mark, for all the cool ones from your overseas trips!)

7. I'm a cougar, and was before they had a name for it.

8. I hate housework.

9. I'm fiercely loyal to my friends, but will dump you in a heartbeat if you screw me over even just a little.

10. I love people to come visit at my house, but I hate to go to theirs, no matter who it is.

 So, what do I get besides brain freeze from trying to think this early in the morning?

1 comment:

  1. I only just saw this, thank you!

    I didn't want to put it the award up on my blog (I don't think read 7 blogs consistently enough to give awards), but because I like talking about myself I'll do the 10 things.

    1. I don't have my driver's license. Not even my learners'. My driving experience consists of half an hour crawling around an empty car park at 5 km/h. I currently have no urge to learn how to drive.

    2. I hate high heels. I've reluctantly worn them 3 times - for my Year 10 formal, Year 12 formal and my sister's wedding. My life will be very happy if I never have to wear heels again.

    3. I'm also emotionally attached to the beach. I grew up on the coast can feel my whole body relax when I'm near the ocean and a swim makes everything better. I lived in Canberra (Australia's capital - it's 3 hours inland) for a year and it was hell living so far from the beach.

    4. I've had the same taste in boys since I was 4: pretty and baby-faced.

    5. My first crush at 4 years old was Joey McIntyre from New Kids on the Block.

    6. I worry a lot. I'm better than I used to be, but I'm still not very good at dealing with anxiety.

    7. When I was little I wanted to be an astronaut. Then I found out about all the science required and I promptly abandoned that career plan.

    8. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

    9. I don't want children. Whenever I say that to people with children they give me a smug look and say "Oh, you will." So ask me again in five years and maybe I’ll have changed my mind.

    10. I'm really really unco. Last year I fell down an up escalator and got a massive bruise on my arse cheek. Last month I crushed my brother’s choc top when taking a bite and sprayed waffle cone all over myself. Last week I burnt my leg by tipping my spaghetti bolognaise in my lap. I don't know how I do it.

    Frances x

    ReplyDelete