Sunday, April 5, 2015

Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!

 Okay, so it's not NASCAR, or a tractor pull, it's time once again for Pagan & Eggs! 
 What is P&E, you ask? It is a monthly gathering of Pagans who come together and have brunch and catch up on what's going on in the North Austin area Pagan community.  

 We met our current batch of peeps when I saw a post pop up on Facebook about a Pagan event. I always check to see where they are, and this one was right down the street, so I decided to give it a try. We went, and met a whole new group of people who were not the angry bitter Pagans who forced us to stop attending anything, because of the backstabbing political maneuvering that goes on. We wanted a group we could hang out with and NOT be hassled by angry glares or outright hostility because we decided to talk to someone not on the 'approved' list. This group definitely fits the bill.They are also mostly a Druid grove, and as I got my start at the Druid College, and lean more towards European shamanism, I am definitely enjoying the discussions. I get SO tired of Wiccans, they can be mind numbingly tedious and very few actually live by the Rede. 

 With Shawn becoming interested in his Northmen heritage, I have been looking into the Volva, the female shaman/wisewomen of the Norse. The Volva and shamans of the North are very similar to the American Indian shaman, which I think shows yet another possible link to northern Europeans who migrated across the Siberian land bridge. 

 The behavior and acceptance of this new group has been just what I needed. I was wanting to return to the community, but I did not want to have to face the angry bitter people any more. Just the thought of going to a CMA/ESA/FoG event grits my teeth. And that is sad that I was forced to leave a community where I was one of the original members because of the hate filled people who inhabit it. Luckily most of those persons live south, and we seldom if ever see them at any of our events. 

                                         

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I agree! It is nice to meet new people who are not angry, bitter, and are friendly. No politics (that I've seen) and the group is big enough that if there is someone you don't like you can sit away from them. I am enjoying this group and I feel our lives have become enriched because of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!!! I think some groups are there more for the high drama than the high ritual

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!!!! I think some groups are there more for the high drama than the high ritual

    ReplyDelete