Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Days Are Just Packed!

 One of the things about the phrase "Never stop learning" is that you always want to try new things. Like my days aren't busy enough!

 The new food antho blog is going well, I will be posting weekly at this point. Several people have asked 'Why weekly? Why not more?" Because these posts take research, and that takes time. And I still have the bakery, a teenager, pets, a house and a husband that all demand attention.

 Next week is W's ARD, and if the ex shows, will be the first time in 2 years I have seen him or spoken to him. Since W is less than 6 months away from no longer being a child in the eyes of the law, much stress and anxiety of having to deal with the ex is gone. At this point, there is nothing he can do to fuck up W's education plan, and in 6 months W can tell him to take a flying fuck at a rolling donut if he so chooses.

 Taxes are done, and refund is on the way! As soon as it gets here, I will be ordering the ofuro heater for the soaking tub. I'm looking forward to having the ofuro up and running again, I have so missed it. The new outdoor living area is coming along nicely, I've started dragging the garden pots inside to start seeds, since I will be growing all my veggies in containers this year due to the drought. I've already got heirloom tomatoes on my vines, and okra. Once we get the gutters up we can start paving the area. Progress is being made.

 Various other projects are getting done as well. The kitchen is actually showing progress, and work is beginning on the bathroom. We've also started looking at adding a bathroom to W's apartment. That'll be awhile, its an expensive project. Unless he wants to bring a girl home when he hits college, he should be able to hold out for a few more years. Unless he hooks up with a Mother Earth News kind of girl, then she'd probably be thrilled he has a composting toilet.

 Been talking to a young man interested in becoming a carpenter, I've been turning him on to tiny houses. If he could start building these he would have a ready made career, not to mention always having a place to live. We're in talks to build one in our backyard, so we would have a guesthouse, not that we ever get many guests, but I bet we would if we had a guesthouse. (Maybe some of the peeps over in NC would come visit, if they had a free place to stay.) One more thing to add to the list!

 Back to work, these ancient foodstuffs aren't going to research themselves!

1 comment:

  1. Tiny houses!!

    whew - this list makes me tired just READING it!

    ReplyDelete