Monday, November 3, 2008

Finally, a really good use for recycled paper!

So, I'm cruising the Net reading other ppl's frugal ideas, and I finally run across one that uses waste paper in a good way.
Now, I've already got several uses for waste paper (junk mail, phone books, sale papers), such as hand made paper (fun, but really only usable for crafty stuff), worm bedding (White paper only), compost, filling in holes in the yard or putting in the bottoms of potted plants to keep the dirt from getting out of the holes. Still, we have bags and bags of paper lying around.
Enter home made kitty litter! I ran across a website that uses waste paper to make kitty litter. So you are asking about now, "What's the deal, kitty litter isn't THAT expensive!" It is, when you have 11 cats. And with any luck, it won't track all over the place from the 3 cat boxes.
I'm trying it today, I'll post more once it's done.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link! Hope it works out well for you!

    ReplyDelete