Friday, October 17, 2008

More on frugalness

As we continue on our frugal lifestyle, I can see where many people are blindsided by all of a sudden loosing their lifestyle and having to adopt a more frugal one. I'm really glad I'm not one of them. I guess I'm just an old hippy at heart, I'm enjoying raising my own food, cooking from scratch, riding my scooter instead of driving the car. For the most part, my family seem healthier and happier, and definitely more appreciative of the things we do have.
We're actually living better on less. I do get tired of it on occasion, but there are enough windfall periods that we don't really feel like we're missing out on much of anything. Of course we're worried about things, but we're doing a lot better than many people. We are still enjoying our life, but then, we've always been a little different. ;)
Gonna try to do the frugal month every other month. November is the next one, which means holiday shopping is put off till December. No biggie really, since most of our gifts this year are home made, and it'll be a good time to work on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment